Brabble, an innovative "All-In-One Social Media & e-commerce App," is designed for a multifaceted social conversation, allowing users to share video, photo, audio, and text all within one network. The app aims to streamline the digital social experience.
- Creative Director: Spencer Ririe
- Design Lead and UX: Terry Mota
- UI Designer: Caroline Tapp
- Visual Designer: Dmitrii Kharchenko
- Project Manager: Melinda Tom
Usability tests revealed that customers were experiencing delays when creating and publishing new posts. The process was longer than similar tasks on other apps, indicating a cognitive overload issue.
The team focused on reducing cognitive overload by crafting a more intuitive user flow. This involved restructuring the roadmap and minimizing the number of screens users had to navigate to create and publish a post.
- Card Sorting Exercise: Conducted to understand user expectations for the organization of content and features.
- Tree Testing and Labels: Performed to refine the information architecture and navigation, ensuring intuitive findability.
- IA and Navigation Exploration: Undertaken to reassess and align the app's structure with user tasks and priorities.
The optimization efforts led to a significant improvement in the post-creation process. The team was able to eliminate unnecessary screens and streamline the user journey. Interviews with users underscored the importance of aligning with the mental models established by platforms like Facebook. The applied feedback resulted in a more comfortable and faster interaction within the app, aligning with users' expectations and behaviours from other social networks.